Centralia City Parks

Below is general information about the Centralia Parks. For more information please call the Park Department at 573-682-5063 or email Centraliaparks [at] yahoo.com

Shelter Reservations

North, Middle, and South Shelters are located in City Recreation Park, one Shelter in Nathan A. Toalson Bicentennial Park, and one Shelter in Jaycee Park may be reserved by calling the Park Office at 573-682-5063 or Recreation Center at 573-682-2196. There are barbecue grills located at each shelter. There is a $20 charge to reserve the shelters.

Play Areas

There are play areas located close to the North, South, Jaycee, and Bicentennial Shelters and one located close to the South Ball Field in City Recreation Park.

City Park Ponds

Located in the City Recreation Park, our North and South Ponds are stocked with catfish, bass and Bluegill. Mo. Department of Conservation Regulations apply to fishing in our ponds. We do not allow swimming, boating or ice skating on the ponds.

Tennis, Basketball, Volleyball, and Skating, Biking Courts

Lighted Basketball and Tennis Courts are located in City Recreation Park.
A lighted Sand Volley ball Court is located in City Recreation Park. 
Lighted Basketball, Skating, Biking Courts are located at Nathan A. Toalson Bicentennial Park.
Lights are on timers set to come on at dusk and go off at 11:00 PM during the summer.

Ball Fields

Ball fields are located in City Recreation Park (2), Nathan A. Toalson Bicentennial Park (3), and Jaycee Park (1).

City Square

City Square is located in downtown Centralia and has a picnic area and Gazebo.

Alcoholic Beverages

By City Ordinance, alcoholic beverages are prohibited in all the city parks

Park Hours

By City Ordinance, all parks are closed from Midnight to 6:00 AM, with the exception of the Recreation Center located at Nathan A. Toalson Bicentennial Park which is available to use 24 hours a day.


Memorial Benches or Memorial Trees may be purchased through the Park Department. To view a copy of our policies, click on the above links. You can then print and fill out the form and return it to the Park Department. If you have any questions, please call 573-682-5063.